- The Committee are absolutely delighted to
record that the Fete raised an incredible new record amount – £8500.56.
- This is 49% up on 2018, which was in itself a previous record sum.
- The Committee would like to thank:
- the Fete ‘regulars’ who managed to outdo their usual excellent performance,
- the village newcomers who dived in with great results,
- the stallholders who counted up accurately, and completed the takings/expenses form promptly,
- the Silent Auction winners who all paid up without delay,
- EVERYONE who helped out or just came along, had fun and took part so enthusiastically.
- As Chair, I’d like to record formal thanks to the Fete Committee who this year were: Jane Elliott, Fiona Collier, Bethan Bennett-Lloyd who had to stand down part way through the year and Pat Barretto our Treasurer who did an impressively speedy job with the accounts.
- The slightly earlier date worked well. We are planning therefore to hold the 2020 Fete on Saturday 16 May – ie again the week before Whitsun half-term. Put it in your diary NOW!!
Traditional Fete stalls and Fun Activities for All Ages, with delicious Food and Drink including BBQ, Pimms and Beer tents to refresh you during the afternoon. Try your luck in the Tombolas, bid in the Silent Auction, have a go on the Coconut Shy, buy nice things at the Plant and Toy Stalls and there’s much more!
In the Arena we are very excited to announce a great range of events including ‘Flyte of Fancy’ Sheepdog Demonstrations with Duck Herding, Vintage Transport Parade and of course – Egg-throwing…
Fancy your chances in a competition? Do you have a dog, a camera or a broomstick? If so, you can enter the Dog Show – or the Photo Competition (see class detail in the Fete programme below, photos to be submitted on the day should be 9”x6”, dogs can be any size!!!), West Tytherley Scarecrow Flash Mob – Scarecrows with a Nautical theme.
It’s (just) not too late to pre-order your tomato plants, contact Anthea ASAP.
We’ll be asking soon for help with donations for the stalls – watch this space for details.
Fete Programme – all households will get one delivered with the May Parish Newsletter and there are spares in the Shop and Pub.
Festivities will continue at the Barn Dance in the evening starting 19:00h. Tickets available in the Shop.
The 2018 Fete was a great success!!
In spite of a rather cold and windy day, people turned out en masse and a good time was had by all – see the pics on the Village Square on Facebook.
The 2018 Fete raised a record amount of £5691.60 for the village good causes – so many thanks to the Fete Committee, all the volunteers before and on the day, and to everyone who came along and had a good time: we couldn’t have done it without you!!!
FUNDS AVAILABLE – Does your organisation benefit the local community?
Money raised by the West Tytherley and Frenchmoor Village Fete is available for village groups, facilities and initiatives which are for the benefit of the village community. As well as for example the church, shop, village hall and school, it includes all other groups who are providing village facilities or benefit.
Now is the time to apply for a grant from the 2018 Village Fete proceeds.
To apply, read the guidance and fill in the form at this link: West Tytherley Fete funds application v1 2
Application closing dates: 30 September each year.